Australia Awards Scholarship

Provides full tuition fees, living expenses, and other allowances to recipients from eligible countries in Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.

>> Learn more

Destination Australia Scholarship

Provides financial support to both domestic and international students studying in regional Australia. This scholarship covers The University of Queensland’s Gatton Campus only.

>> Learn more

Destination Australia Cheung Kong Exchange Program

Supports Australian universities to offer short-term mobility opportunities for outgoing Australian students and incoming Asian students between Australia and the following Asian countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China (including Hong Kong), India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Republic of the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

Mobility experiences must be between two weeks and one semester in duration.

Students can only apply through their university for a short-term mobility experience supported by the Destination Australia Cheung Kong Exchange Program.

>> Learn more

Research Training Program

Prospective candidates need to contact our postgraduate research office directly to discuss how to apply.

>> Learn more

International scholarships

Are you from the United Kingdom?

The Northcote Postgraduate Scholarship enables students from the UK to undertake a higher degree at an Australian university for up to three years.

>> Learn more

The UK Government’s Turning Scheme provides funding for learning opportunities at a selection of education providers.

>> Learn more

Are you from the United States?

US students can often bring their US Financial Aid with them to their education institution in Australia, including for one or two semesters’ study abroad.  

Many international and charitable organisations offer US scholarships for international study, including the Fulbright program. You can explore the full range of scholarships available for studying abroad at the Institute of International Education (IIE) website, as well as scholarships for US service members and veterans.  

You must apply for these scholarships in your home country. 

Are you from China?

The China Scholarship Council (CBC) is the main source of government funding for Chinese citizens to study a PhD abroad. Awards are usually offered jointly with universities and targeted at specific research areas.

>> Learn more